Sunday, February 27, 2011

On a diet....

Hubs and I are on a diet...

So with the new way of eating I'm trying out lots of health versions of tried and trues. I made turkey burgers again this week. Hubs kept raving at how good they were which was not his reaction the first time I made them. He liked them the first time but would have prefered a big juicy beef burger. This go around I made them with 3 cloves of garlic and worchestire sauce.

I made some chicken salad today. It hit the spot. And paired with a wheat tortilla and handful of baked chips it totaled 470 calories.

Tonight I'm making Chicken Tortilla soup. I'm cooking it in the Crock Pot to reduce my efforts this evening.

2 cans of chicken broth
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 T of jalapenos (did not have any green chilis)
palm size of chopped cilantro
10 oz frozen corn
1/2 can of water
3 chicken breasts (boiled and chopped)
salt
pepper
random seasonings that I felt were worthy of the dish

No comments:

Post a Comment