Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

I was looking in my pantry and fridge trying to figure out what in the heck I was going to make for dinner. Looking in the freezer, I spy a giant bag of frozen chicken and an unused bag of frozen veggies. Then I eyeballed a pie crust in the fridge. So you know what that means....chicken pot pie. Now I'm not sure if Hubs will like it since he has always turned down the frozen chicken pot pies in the grocery store. I know for sure I will pick out the peas in the frozen medley...since he HATES peas (I'm not a big fan either.) And for the record I picked out about 90% of the peas only taking me about 30 minutes...if that isn't love I dont' know what is :)

So I began searching for the right recipe. I don't have exactly everything that goes into a pot pie so I will have to fudge a little. Don't think it will make that big of a difference.


Ingredients
6 pieces of chicken tenderloins
2 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crusts, thawed
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 ounce) package frozen vegetables, thawed
1 can of water, or as needed
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or poultry seasoning

Directions
In a large heavy pot, place chicken and water to cover. Bring to a boil and let simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, adding water as needed.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Open 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and pour into a small saucepan. Add frozen vegetables and carrots, water and chicken bouillon to taste. Simmer all together until the soup is smooth. Add chicken meat and mix all together.
Pour chicken and soup mixture into one pie crust and cover with the other crust. Seal the edges and cut a small steam hole in the top crust. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is brown. Yummy!

This was good not fabulous. I think that is because we are not big pot pie fans especially hubs. But by pot pie standards, it is a easy recipe and was quite tasty.

Sorry no pic... took one but it did not come out

No comments:

Post a Comment