Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sour Cream and Roasted Red Pepper Dip

I have several tried and true dips that I make. "Pink" dip, queso, creamy jalapeno and cheese balls are some of our favorites. While browsing the Weight Watchers website I saw this recipe. I think it sounds really great. I alway see Rachael Ray use roasted red peppers. It has never been something I have ever used. So next time I'm at the store I'm going to pick up the stuff and make this dip.

Ingredients
15 oz roasted red peppers, packed in water, drained (about 2 cups)
1 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup(s) basil, fresh
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
2 tsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped

Instructions
In a blender, combine roasted peppers, sour cream, basil and garlic powder; puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper; garnish with cilantro. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment