Thursday, July 8, 2010

Meet the Cook

One of my "resolutions" this year was to become a better cook. I have always enjoyed cooking but it was usually hit or miss. Probably more misses than hits. I usually relied on recipes handed down to me from my mom that I watched her prepare 1oos of times. I had tried and true things I would prepare that I was really good at. But if I ventured off from those certain dishes then it was a coin toss. Also my knowledge of cooking was juvenile at best. I knew how to follow a recipe but didn't know how to troubleshoot through one if I didn't have all the ingredients.

Since my decions to become better, I have found that I LOVE to cook. I love preparing a delicious dish for my family (well really just for hubby and me since I have to cook something different for the kids). I have really become more knowlegable about cooking and baking. The Food Network is my favorite channel. I idolize Rachael Ray, Paula Deen and Guy Fieri.

I started my cooking mission about a year ago. I felt it was time to start a blog about my new "hobby". So you will find recipes, pictures and what worked and what didn't.

So with that being said...Bon Appetit!

(Disclaimer: I was about 8 1/2 months pregnant with number 3 here. However, I love cooking with my daughter!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment