I made this for Hubs on the 4th of July. It was absolutely the best. Hubs even commented that it was the best he has ever eaten. Key Lime Pie is one of his favorites. The only thing that I warn you about is the time it takes to squeeze enough key lime juice. I had to squeeze about 25 key limes to get 3/4 cup of juice. But if you have kids get them involved. I let my daughter "roll" the limes to get the ready for juicing. Also another tip when squeezing them...squeeze over a strainer to catch the little pesky seeds. For the topping, just put some reduced fat cool whip in a baggie, clip the end then squeeze out a dollop around the pie

Ingredients
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
3 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
It was delicious!! Yummmmm
ReplyDelete